Sunday 7 April 2013

LESLIEVILLE PUMPS

LESLIEVILLE PUMPS

Location:
929 Queen St E
Toronto M4M 1J6
(416) 465 1313

This old-style gas station / general store has  quickly become the talk of the town.  You feel like you are travelling back in time when you enter LESLIEVILLE PUMPS  for you are surrounded by vintage candies and gum-ball machines.  Surprisingly enough it's the food that people are really talking about.  Hanging behind the friendly staff at the counter is a chalkboard with tempting country BBQ favourites.


After pumping the car full of gas I ordered the  PULLED PORK SANDWICH.  Sweet and tangy pulled pork piled high on a toasted bun with fresh cool slaw.  The sandwich was tasty, but a little pricy for what you are getting.


Who can say no to a POUTINE? Not me.  The fries were crispy and hot, and the gravy was thick and flavourful, but there was not enough cheese.   As a result, I was a little disappointed as cheese curds are my favourite part of a poutine. 

Would we go back? If I was hungry and needed some gas, then yes. But I wouldn't make a special trip.
Leslieville Pumps on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment