Tuesday 8 January 2013

LINDA MODERN THAI RESTAURANT

LINDA MODERN THAI 

LOCATION:
11 Karl Fraser Rd
NorthYork, ON
M3C0E7
www.lindarestaurant.com

RATINGS:
Service: 3 / 4
Ambiance: 3 / 4
Food: 3 / 4
Price:$$

The other night I met up with TM, of my favourite teacher friends for a long overdue catch-up date. We decided to meet up at Linda, which is the sister restaurant to the well know Salad King. The food is quite tasty, although it is a little pricy for a Thai restaurant.



We shared the VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS. They were crispy, hot and packed full of veggies. Nothing out of the ordinary but still yummy.


I ordered the CRISPY BEEF PANANG CURRY. The tender brisket, which was wrapped in a flakey, crispy crust, was unlike any Thai curry I have ever had before.  It was a rich, creamy curry made from peanuts, coconut milk and their house made Panang curry paste. The tasty curry was served along side fresh, steamed rice. The portion was very large, resulting in a large portion left-over for lunch the following day. Although the dish was very delicious, it was a little too creamy and rich to eat often.


TM ordered the BANGKOK STIR FRY.The dish of bean vermicelli, broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, onions, bean sprouts, peanuts and tofu came covered in a light egg blanket.  Although she enjoyed every bite, she manage to save some for her lunch the following day as well.

Would We go back? Most likely

STANDOUT DISH OF THE NIGHT:
Crispy Beef Panang Curry

Linda Restaurant on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. finally! great post :)
    can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post indeed! I love food and food loves me. Lol….I liked your tastier post and second thing is that coincidentally, whatever you ate there, spring rolls, curry etc. all are my favorite too and at this moment while I am writing my mouth is full of water….I want to go there and now I am seeking a Toronto restaurant guide to make a list of places where I can go.

    ReplyDelete